Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Day Three

iPod playlist: Melissa Ferrick
Running mileage: 2.13 miles
Total mileage: 2.19 miles

I got up early to do a short run because I have soccer practice tonight. I ran the route I usually take to get to the subway, which is located about a mile from my house. As I was running I thought about my daily commute, during which (roundtrip) I walk nearly three miles and go up and down eight staircases. I thought, Surely this can count as cross-training.

The area I live in is also pretty flat, so I intentionally ran to two separate hills, one short and steep, the other long and gradual. It made me realize that I need to integrate more hills into my training, or I'm not even going to make it over the Verrazano Bridge at the beginning of the marathon in November.

Total training miles run so far: 7.29

No comments: