Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Day Seventeen

iPod playlist: Gwen Stefani
Running Mileage: 3.5 miles
Total Mileage: 4.7 miles

I just moved to a new neighborhood, and today was my first run there. It is a challenge to find good running routes in a new location, but I think that through running I will quickly learn the streets very well. I also found two good hills today, which is twice as many as there were in my old neighborhood.

The new neighborhood is also where the school I teach at is. Towards the middle of my third mile this morning, I was starting to lose steam. Then I caught sight of my assistant principal putting out the trash. He is also an athlete, and the last thing I wanted was for him to see me faltering during my training. So I stepped it up a notch and kept a good pace for my last mile. Knowing half the people in the new neighborhood might really boost my training!

Total training miles run so far: 23.87

No comments: